Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Arizona Trip

Nathan and I just got back from a whirlwind trip to Arizona. Unfortunately it was not a trip for pleasure. Nathan's brother Steve passed away from injuries sustained in a scooter accident. It was a sad occasion but we were grateful that we were able to go and spend some time with his family. He has such an awesome wife and boys. The drive there and back took about 12 hours each way but we were traveling with Nate's sister and brother so we had lots of drivers. In spite of that I only got 3 hours of sleep last night! I'm sure I wasn't the happiest kindergarten teacher today but the trip was worth it. I had actually never driven to Arizona before so we stopped and took some scenic photos on the way there and back. Steve's family is in our thoughts and prayers, we are grateful for our knowledge of the gospel that helps bring peace during trials such as these.




4 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm so sorry Nate. Our thoughts and prayers are with you.

Michelle and Cal said...

I'm so sorry Nate. That is so, so tough and sad. I'll keep you and your family in my prayers.


Okay, so not that this is appropriate for the occasion, but Kayley, where did you get your shirt in your cactus picture. I love it!

miner6to1 said...

Your are in our prayers.

Anonymous said...

What a nice post. I am so glad you were able to go and be there together for Nate and his family. Nate so sorry for your loss, you & your family are in our prayers.