Wednesday, July 23, 2008

New Pets




Okay so I know I have blogged a lot today, but I am trying to catch up! Yesterday Karen called and invited us to go with her and Payton to buy a pet hamster. We tagged along for the ride, but when we got to the pet store Claire really wanted to get a pet too. I decided to go for a pet that would be fairly low maintenance so we bought some guppies. Karen already had a fish tank that she wasn't using so it was a fairly inexpensive purchase. The kids love them, Allie stood in front of the tank for a half hour doing her fish face. It was super cute. Claire decided since there were 4 fish we could each have one. You can't see them very well in the picture, but there are 4 guppies!

3 comments:

M.S. said...

I miss having a cat. One time we had fish because someone gave them to me. My cat would always stare at the tank. I hated cleaning the tank. One day I put the fish in another bowl and tried to get the cat to eat them. It didn't work. After that adventure, I decided a self cleaning tank would be nice.

Unknown said...

What fun!! At least they don't get hair all over and stuff. Our boys want any kind of pet soooo bad. I just don't feel ready for another "child" yet.

Anonymous said...

You are good to have pets. I hate pets really of any sort. Although I am sure you knew that already. But that is great that you were able to get some cute fish for the girls, how fun.