Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Another Adventure





Last week Karen and I decided that we would make the trip down to Salt Lake to take the kids to the zoo for their weekly adventure. We knew that the zoo only takes a couple of hours to see (especially with small children) so we decided to check out the "This is the Place State Park" too. Neither of us had ever been there so it was an adventure for all of us! The kids were really good and they had fun. The park is a little like a miniature Nauvoo. They have all sorts of old cabins and stores that you can go in. Some of them have crafts for the kids to do and others have people talking about how they printed newspapers, blacksmithed, etc. in the olden days. The kids knew what they wanted to do...they rode a horse, loved the petting farm, played on the playground, and we rode the train. They weren't really interested in the historical stuff. It was fun. Then we headed to the zoo. It was a hot day but it wasn't very crowded, which was good. The zoo also has quite a bit of shade and water misters so we didn't cook. The kids had fun and Karen and I were happy because we got lunch for free! (We went to a Red Robin that we didn't realize wasn't open to the public yet, but they let us come in and eat for free so they could practice on us!)

2 comments:

M.S. said...

Okay, next summer I dub you as the lady who needs to help organize group outting for families. You are always finding fun things to do! I love it. I am taking notes for the future!

Anonymous said...

I too agree with Melissa I want to do fun things like this for outings during the summer. We don't seem to do very much of those kind of things during the summer. I love all the fun pictures also that you take. Now you just need to get Karen in on the blogging world, so that we can all see pictures of her and her cute family.