Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Allie's Bad Week

Poor little Allie bug! She had really bad luck last week. On Sunday afternoon we were leaving my parents' house and when we put her in the car seat it was super hot. We put a blanket down so that her legs wouldn't get burned, but when we pulled the buckle up the metal part touched her side and burned her tummy! I knew that it was hot but I didn't realize that it had burned her so we took her home and put her down for a nap. She was sadder than usual but I didn't think much of it. But when she woke up I felt awful because she had a second degree burn on her side! It was all blistered up and red. I almost cried. I took this picture a few days later after it had scabbed up.


On Friday evening Allie and Claire were outside playing on Grandpa's hammock. Allie crawled around by the base and there was a big wasp nest on the foot of the hammock. I was in the kitchen and I heard Allie scream. I ran out and Claire said, "Mommy there was a bee on Allie's face!" I took her inside and she had 3 wasp stings, 2 on her face and 1 on her hand. I ran to check the internet for what to do. We washed it, put ice on it, gave her Tylenol, and rubbed Benadryl cream on them. Her face was red and puffy for a few hours, and the next morning it looked like she had a black eye, but over all she was okay! Talk about a bad week! I'm sure I won't win any mommy awards for this week! Luckily she is too young to remember it all!

2 comments:

Jamie said...

That is awful! I am so worried about the girls getting burned here since it's 110 degrees...poor thing! See you next week!

M.S. said...

Oh I would be crying too! Don't worry you aren't a bad mommy!