Sunday, May 17, 2009

Cinco de Mayo




I know this post is a little belated, but we had a fun Cinco de Mayo party at my mom's house. I made carnitas (my favorite) and we had a taco bar, salads, and fried ice cream. (Now I can say I have made it once and I will probably never make it again - it was yummy but VERY messy!) Then we played pin the sombrero on the cactus and broke a pinata. The kids keep asking when we can have another pinata-they had so much fun breaking it and the candy and prizes weren't too shabby either! Thanks to everyone who helped out with this fabulous fiesta!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love the pics...yes kids love pinata's, I think we now have them whenever we can find an excuse with the Johnson family, since all the kids there feel the same way, although the more kids there gets to be the less of a pinata there is to hit at for ALL the kids, it is usually broken open before all the kids get a turn to hit the pinata. It was a Great party, thanks for inviting us and letting us take part in the great festivities.