Saturday, January 3, 2009

A busy start to 2009

Whoever said that Christmas break was supposed to be relaxing hasn't been at my house this week! I made myself a list of things to accomplish during my break from school, but they have all been put on hold until further notice. Instead, we have been doing a huge home improvement project, which will be great when it is done, but it seems like it will never be done!
On Wednesday we went to Home Depot to get some tile so that we could make a little tile entryway in our living room. On Thursday when we cut back the carpet to lay the tile we found wood floor underneath. We were very surprised since our house was only built in the 70s. We ended up pulling up all of the carpet in the living room and hallway. Now the next 2 weeks will consist of sanding and refinishing the floor, and putting up new baseboards. I guess I will be returning the tile!
Then we put new carpet in the bedrooms so Nate has spent the last 2 days moving furniture in and out of each room. Needless to say my house is a disaster area.
Somewhere in the piles is my new camera that I got for Christmas. When I find it I will post some pics of our holiday. We did have a great Christmas and a Happy New Year. I hope you did too!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

WOW!!!! 2 weeks is all, then maybe you can give me some pointers on getting my floors done, since we have been in this mess for a year. That is awesome, I can't wait to come and see the finish products when you are all done. I need to be ambitious and start over on the walls and try again, this time with an oil based primer so that we can get our room done.