Monday, December 1, 2008

Ducks and Thanksgiving Dinner




We spent a fun Thanksgiving weekend with Nathan's parents in California. I have to say that I wasn't really looking forward to a 12 hour drive with 2 kids, but the girls did amazingly well! We divided the drive into 2-6 hour blocks. Nate did all the driving and I entertained the kids. It was great to see Nate's parents and let the girls get to know them better. We arrived on Wednesday afternoon. Thursday morning while the turkey was cooking we went to the lake and fed the ducks and sea gulls. The kids liked it until some of the ducks got too aggressive and Claire got freaked out! Friday we went to the redwoods, but I'll talk about that in my next post!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Sounds like a fun trip! (Besides the driving and all) I'll bet the girls were glad to see their Throop grandparents.

Anonymous said...

Thanksgiving dinner.. looks like you all had a fun time, the ducks sure looked cute, I can just imagine Claire getting a little upset with the ducks being too aggressive, so sorry Claire. Sounds like the drive wasn't too bad, I am glad that you all made it back safe and sound.