15 years ago
Sunday, August 24, 2008
County Fair
This week was the Box Elder County Fair and we had tons of fun. Claire has been counting down the days until the fair for the last 2 weeks. On Wednesday I walked in the parade with some other teachers from my school. It was hot and tiring but we had fun. I think I had more fun than Nate did watching the parade with the girls! Wednesday night we went to the fair and walked around and saw all of the animals. Allie practiced all of her animal noises and she touched all the different animals. On Thursday Claire and I went to the lamb show. None of our lambs ranked in the top of their class, but they all received blue ribbons. That night I took the girls back to the fair so Claire could ride on the rides. She was so brave! She didn't want to hand the workers her tickets but she rode on all of the kiddie rides by herself! It made me a little sad - sniff! On Friday night we met my parents at the hamburger stand for dinner and then Karen, Jim, Claire, and I went to the rodeo. I just have to say that Claire LOVES the rodeo. She cheers for the cowboys and her favorite part is the bull riding. Sometimes I wonder if she was supposed to be Karen's daughter! On Saturday my mom took Claire back out for the lamb auction, another hamburger, and a few more rides. I asked Claire last night if she had gotten to do everything she wanted to at the fair, and she said yes. That made me happy. I think I had almost as much fun as she did. I wish I had some pictures, but at least I have all the fun memories!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
What a fun night!! I love watching kids around animals. I think that Cooper should have been Mary's or my oldest brothers!! He even looks like Mary. I tell her that he's going to live with her when he's a teenager.
I miss the fair, the one here was just not as fun.
Post a Comment