The way I see it, as long as it's not Thanksgiving yet it's not too late to talk about Halloween.
Given that Claire loves, loves, loves the Disney princesses, it's no big surprise that she chose to dress up as Sleeping Beauty. (It's interesting to me that she loves watching Sleeping Beauty so much, since for about six months whenever she watched it during the day, that night she would have nightmares about a witch being in her room. Well, she's three years old, so I guess logic has nothing to do with it.) We tried to convince her to be a cute little witch so that we could dress Allie up as her black cat, but once she saw the princess dress in Toys'R'Us there was no disuading her. The hardest part for Claire was buying the costume and then having to wait a couple of weeks for Halloween to wear it. Nearly every day she would exclaim "Mommy, I'm going to be a PRINCESS!" To which Kayley would say, trying to sound excited too, "Yes, you are!" Claire would tilt her head to the side in a way that says "I'm cute. Can you deny me anything?" and plead, "Can I wear my costume nooooow?" At this point Claire found out that, yes, we can deny her anything. But when she finally got to put it on, she was so excited that she could hardly contain herself. She twirled around the house, she walked around holding the hem up just like a little lady and every couple of minutes she would ask, "Daddy, don't I look beautiful?" I would dutifully reply that I had never seen anything so pretty and that I could now die a happy man.
Allie wore an orange T-shirt that says "Baby's First Boo". She didn't seem particularly excited about it.
Along with the Halloween photos, I've put up some pictures of a corn maze we went to and when we went to a pumpkin patch to choose (what else) pumkins. Oh, and a picture of Allie on a swing, 'cause it's kinda' cute.
No comments:
Post a Comment